Traveling can be stressful, especially when it comes to long-haul flights. From being crammed into a tiny seat to dealing with noisy passengers, there are many things that can make the journey unbearable. However, with the right airplane travel accessories, you can transform your flying experience and make it more comfortable.
You could check out next: Airplane seat storage hacks
Noise-cancelling headphones are the top must-have accessory for airplane travel, according to a survey conducted by TripAdvisor
The global market for travel accessories is expected to reach $10.25 billion by 2025
10 airplane travel accessories that can make your next flight more comfortable and productive are:
- 1. Neck pillow
- 2. Eye mask
- 3. Compression socks
- 4. Noise-cancelling headphones
- 5. Travel blanket
- 6. Reusable water bottle
- 7. Portable charger
- 8. Travel wallet
- 9. Tablet holder
- 10. Luggage scale
Fact: Noise-cancelling headphones are the top must-have accessory for airplane travel
According to a survey conducted by TripAdvisor, 56% of travelers consider noise-cancelling headphones as their must-have accessory for airplane travel. This is not surprising considering the amount of noise on an airplane, from engine sounds to chatty passengers. Noise-cancelling headphones can help you block out the noise and enjoy a more peaceful journey. They are also great for watching movies or listening to music without any distractions.
Quote: “The right travel accessories can make a long flight more comfortable, more productive, and even more enjoyable.” – SmarterTravel
SmarterTravel, a popular travel website, sums up the importance of having the right travel accessories perfectly. With the right accessories, you can make the most of your flying time and arrive at your destination feeling refreshed and ready to go.
Statistic: The global market for travel accessories is expected to reach $10.25 billion by 2025
According to a report by ResearchAndMarkets.com, the global market for travel accessories is expected to reach $10.25 billion by 2025, with a compound annual growth rate of 8.5% from 2020 to 2025. This shows that more and more people are investing in travel accessories to enhance their travel experiences.
10 Airplane Travel Accessories to Make Your Next Flight More Comfortable and Productive
Now that you know why airplane travel accessories are important, let’s take a closer look at 10 accessories that can make your next flight more comfortable and productive:
1. Neck pillow
A neck pillow can provide much-needed support for your neck during a long flight. It can also help you get some much-needed rest, especially if you’re traveling in economy class.
2. Eye mask
An eye mask can help you block out any light and get some quality shut-eye on the plane. It can also be helpful if you want to take a nap during the day.
3. Compression socks
Compression socks can help improve circulation and prevent swelling in your legs during a long flight. They are especially helpful if you’re prone to swelling or have a history of blood clots.
4. Noise-cancelling headphones
As we mentioned earlier, noise-cancelling headphones are a must-have accessory for airplane travel. They can help you block out any noise and enjoy a peaceful journey. Make sure to invest in a good quality pair for maximum effectiveness.
5. Travel blanket
A travel blanket can help keep you warm and cozy during a long flight. Many airlines do provide blankets, but they may not always be enough to keep you comfortable. You can also use it as a makeshift pillow or lumbar support.
6. Reusable water bottle
Staying hydrated during a flight is important, and having a reusable water bottle can help you do just that. Make sure to fill it up before boarding the plane, and don’t be afraid to ask the flight attendants to refill it during the flight.
7. Portable charger
A portable charger can be a lifesaver during a long flight, especially if you plan on using your phone or tablet for entertainment. Make sure to fully charge it before your flight, and keep it easily accessible in your carry-on bag.
8. Travel wallet
A travel wallet can help keep all your important documents and money organized and easily accessible. Look for one with RFID protection to keep your personal information safe.
9. Tablet holder
If you plan on using your tablet or e-reader during the flight, a tablet holder can help keep it at a comfortable angle and free up your hands for other activities. Look for one that’s adjustable and easy to install.
10. Luggage scale
A luggage scale can help you avoid overweight baggage fees by making sure your luggage is within the weight limit before you even get to the airport. It’s a small investment that can save you money in the long run.
The Benefits of Traveling with the Right Accessories
Traveling can be a lot of fun, but it can also be stressful and uncomfortable, especially when it comes to long-haul flights. However, with the right airplane travel accessories, you can transform your flying experience and make it more comfortable and productive. Here are some of the benefits of traveling with the right accessories:
- You can sleep better and arrive at your destination feeling refreshed and energized
- You can block out noise and distractions and enjoy a peaceful journey
- You can stay comfortable and prevent swelling or other health issues
- You can stay hydrated and avoid dehydration-related symptoms
- You can stay organized and keep all your important documents and money in one place
My Personal Experience with Airplane Travel Accessories
As a frequent traveler, I’ve tried and tested many airplane travel accessories over the years. Some have been lifesavers, while others have been a waste of money.
Here are some of my personal favorites:
- A high-quality neck pillow can make all the difference in the world when it comes to getting some rest on a long flight. I always bring my memory foam neck pillow with me, and it’s saved me from many a sore neck.
- Noise-cancelling headphones are a must-have for me. I prefer over-ear headphones for maximum noise-cancelling power, and they’re great for listening to music, watching movies, or just blocking out noise and distractions.
- I always travel with compression socks, especially on long flights. They’re not the most fashionable accessory, but they really do help prevent swelling and keep my legs feeling fresh and energized.
- A good quality travel blanket is also a must-have for me. I get cold easily on planes, and having a cozy blanket to wrap up in can make all the difference in the world.
Uncommon Airplane Travel Accessories to Consider
While the above accessories are all popular and well-known, there are some more uncommon options that are worth considering:
- A mini humidifier can help combat the dry air on planes and keep your skin and nasal passages hydrated. Just make sure to check with the airline first to make sure it’s allowed on board.
- A foot hammock can help keep your feet elevated and prevent swelling and discomfort. They’re easy to set up and can be a real game-changer on a long flight.
- A travel-sized essential oil diffuser can help you relax and unwind during the flight. Just make sure to choose a calming scent that won’t bother your fellow passengers.
1. Are noise-cancelling headphones worth the investment?
Yes, absolutely. They may seem pricey, but a good quality pair of noise-cancelling headphones can make all the difference in the world when it comes to your comfort and enjoyment on a flight.
2. Do I really need compression socks?
If you’re prone to swelling or have a history of blood clots, then yes, compression socks are highly recommended. Even if you don’t have any pre-existing conditions, they can still help prevent discomfort and promote circulation.
3. Can I bring a portable charger on board?
Yes, you can bring a portable charger on board. Just make sure to keep it in your carry-on bag and not your checked luggage.
4. Are there any travel accessories that are not allowed on board?
Yes, there are some travel accessories that are not allowed on board, such as knives, scissors, and liquids over 3.4 ounces. Make sure to check with the airline before bringing any questionable items on board.
5. Can I use a foot hammock in any seat?
Foot hammocks are generally designed for use in economy class seats, but they can be used in any seat as long as there is enough space for them.
Investing in the right airplane travel accessories can make all the difference in the world when it comes to your comfort and enjoyment on a flight. From noise-cancelling headphones to compression socks to travel blankets, there are many options to choose from. Make sure to consider your specific needs and preferences when choosing accessories, and don’t be afraid to try out some more uncommon options as well. With the right accessories, you can arrive at your destination feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world.