As summer 2023 approaches, downtown Toronto’s Billy Bishop Airport (YTZ) is about to get more convenient travel options as Connect Airlines prepares to launch. Competing with Porter Airlines and Air Canada, Connect Airlines aims to disrupt the market with new destinations and a focus on comfort and competitive pricing. Here are six things you need to know about Connect Airlines before it officially takes off:
- Connect Airlines will launch with three new routes to Philadelphia, Chicago O’Hare, and Baltimore Thurgood Marshall, with more destinations to come.
- The airline will fly Bombardier’s smaller Dash 8-Q400 aircraft but has reconfigured it to make it more comfortable, with a premium cabin offering 26 seats with five extra inches of seat pitch.
- The airline plans to be competitive with Porter Airlines in terms of pricing, with a focus on targeting business travellers.
- Connect Airlines is working to collaborate with other major airline carriers to provide passengers with seamless connections to other flights and destinations.
- The target launch date for Connect Airlines is May 2023, with the airline planning to be the first zero-emission airline in North America by converting 75 of its planes to hydrogen power.
Connect Airlines Launches with New Destinations at Billy Bishop Airport
Connect Airlines aims to make flying from Billy Bishop Airport more comfortable, with the reconfigured Dash 8-Q400 offering more space and a boxed meal service for all passengers. The airline plans to announce more routes after its official launch, with CEO John Thomas highlighting cities like Boston, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus, and Hartford as potential destinations. The airline also plans to collaborate with other major airline carriers to provide passengers with a seamless travel experience. Connect Airlines is targeting business travellers with competitive pricing similar to Porter Airlines, which currently offers a one-way ticket to Boston starting at $178 and to Chicago-Midway starting at $197. The airline is set to launch in May 2023, pending final regulatory approvals from the US Federal Aviation Administration and Transport Canada. Connect Airlines aims to make history by becoming the first zero-emission airline in North America, with a partnership with Universal Hydrogen to convert 75 of its planes to hydrogen power. The airline hopes to add these planes to its fleet within the next two to three years, reducing the noise footprint of Billy Bishop Airport while providing passengers with a more eco-friendly travel option.
Connect Airlines’ upcoming launch at Billy Bishop Airport is an exciting development for travellers looking for more options and convenience. With new destinations, competitive pricing, and a focus on comfort, Connect Airlines is set to disrupt the market and provide a better flying experience for passengers. As the airline plans to make history by becoming the first zero-emission airline in North America, it’s clear that Connect Airlines has a bright future ahead.
This post is also available in: