About Clever Journey
Facts About Clever Journey
- Established in 2018.
- Close to 100 information-packed articles about traveling and travel gear.
- 50 000 monthly readers.
What Is Clever Journey?
Cleverjourney.com is a travel blog that gets regular people prepared for their vacations. We share useful and practical tips that help you become a smarter traveler.
Is Clever Journey for You?
Do you have a passion for traveling? Do you fantasize about going someplace remote, such as Africa, Asia, or South America? Do you sometimes wonder, “What if I pack up everything RIGHT NOW, and just leave for a month or two…?”
Well, if you’re like me, reality starts to kick in after a few moments. You understand that you have a full-time job, kids or pets, and you can’t just leave for several months.
So instead, you leave this idea as a remote fantasy and travel only a few times per year. And there’s nothing wrong with that. I have a girlfriend, two rabbits, and a full-time job, and just like you, I can’t leave everything and travel for months/years, even though I really want to. Generally, I’m abroad only 2-8 weeks per year.
If you can relate, then Clever Journey is for you. This blog is made for regular people with a true passion for traveling, who want to travel more. Here, we share all the travel secrets, known by frequent travelers, so that you can start traveling smarter and more often.
How Can We Help You Become a Smarter Traveler?
- Gear Purchasing Guides. If you like traveling, then having reliable travel gear is essential. We test and review popular items, and let you know which travel gear is the best.
- Gear Reviews. We review individual travel gear items and brands and rate them on a 100-point scale.
- Travel Tips. Essentially, we cover everything that you should know as a smart traveler – how to prepare for vacations, how to find cheap tickets, what to do during layovers, teach you about luggage restrictions, e.t.c.
- Packing Tips. We also share a lot of packing tips and packing lists – how to pack electronics, what items are banned from hand luggage, how to pack fragile items, what to pack for Europe, e.t.c.
- Travel Gear Tips & Advice. We also post a lot of gear guides, such as what size luggage you should get, how to clean luggage, what are personal items, the differences between the most popular luggage materials, e.t.c.
How Can You Get in Touch with Clever Journey?
About Oskars Brumelis
Hi there! My name is Oscar, and I’m the creator and founder of Clever Journey. I currently reside in Riga, Latvia- a small eastern-European country.
I’m 25 years old, and I’ve been to just over 30 countries. By “traveler standards”, I’m still a rookie – most travel bloggers have been in at least 50 different countries. But when compared to the general public, I believe that I’ve traveled more than most. So I believe I’m qualified to teach a thing or two.
And that’s what this blog is about – It’s about regular people who have a true passion for traveling, who want to travel more, but are limited by their jobs, kids, e.t.c. I’m still learning new stuff every day, and I’m sharing everything that I learn right here, on Clever Journey.
How I Developed My Passion for Travel
My life changed when I went to China. Before that, I had traveled, but not too much.
I went there with my girlfriend and her family. Although we were there only for three weeks, we managed to visit quite a few places – Shanghai, Bejing, the great wall of China, the countryside near the Mongolian border, the Gobi desert, and a few of China’s ghost towns. This really opened my eyes and I’ve been hooked ever since.
I’ve especially developed an addiction to mountain hiking/trekking. There’s just something about the wildlife, the quietness, and the beauty of mountains that intrigues me. I also prefer “off the beaten path” cities and nature parks/trails, over packed tourist destinations.
- Traveled to over 30 different countries.
- Two unfinished bachelor’s degrees in Economics and Robotics (I realized that studying in a university just isn’t for me, so I dropped out both times.)
- Founder of “Kaive Designs” (A company that made wooden sunglasses. In the end, we had to close down because it wasn’t too profitable.)
- Worked jobs in various fields: as a waiter, a bank teller, an actor, and others.
How We Make Money
- Ads. You can find them on most of our blog posts/pages.
- Affiliate links. Some of our links are “affiliate links”, which means that if you decide to buy anything from the linked site, we get a small commission. Note that this doesn’t affect the final product price. Instead, the retailer shares his profits with us from their own cut, because we sent them traffic that they wouldn’t get by themselves.
- Sponsored posts. Some of our posts may be sponsored, which means that a company has paid us to publish a specific post that promotes their company/products. Our sponsored posts always have a clearly visible disclosure at the top, right under the title.
- Sponsored products. Some manufacturers send us free products for reviewing. This doesn’t affect our final review in any way, because we always keep our reviews true and genuine, not affected by anyone.
In some of our posts, you may encounter links to other websites. On some of these links, we earn a small commission if you purchase something from the linked site.
We work with Amazon Associates and other companies for placing affiliate links.
Here’s the full Amazon Associates Disclosure:
www.cleverjourney.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.