About Clever Journey
What Is Clever Journey?
Cleverjourney.com is a travel blog (established in 2018) that gets regular people prepared for their vacations. We share useful and practical tips that help you become a smarter traveler.
Is Clever Journey for You?
Do you have a passion for traveling? Do you fantasize about going someplace remote, such as Africa, Asia, or South America? Do you sometimes wonder, “What if I pack up everything RIGHT NOW, and just leave for a month or two…?”
Well, if you’re like us, reality starts to kick in after a few moments. You understand that you have a full-time job, kids, or pets, and you can’t just leave for several months.
So instead, you leave this idea as a remote fantasy and travel only a few times per year, because, well… you have a life. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Our team on CleverJourney usually travels 2-5 times per year, because we have our own responsibilities as well, such as families, pets, houses, and jobs.
If you can relate, then Clever Journey is for you. This blog is made for regular people with a true passion for traveling, who want to travel more.
How Can We Help You Become a Smarter Traveler?
- Gear Purchasing Guides. If you like traveling, then having reliable travel gear is essential. We test and review popular items, and let you know which travel gear is the best.
- Gear Reviews. We review travel products and rate them on a 100-point scale, based on our own unique rating system.
- Travel Tips. Essentially, we cover everything that you should know as a smart traveler – how to prepare for vacations, how to find cheap tickets, what to do during layovers, teach you about luggage restrictions, e.t.c.
- Packing Tips. We also share a lot of packing tips and packing lists – how to pack electronics, what items are banned from hand luggage, how to pack fragile items, what to pack for Europe, e.t.c.
- Travel Gear Tips & Advice. We also post a lot of gear guides, such as what size luggage you should get, how to clean luggage, what are personal items, the differences between the most popular luggage materials, e.t.c.
How Can You Get in Touch with Clever Journey?
About Our Team
Daniel Zacarias (Owner)
Daniel loves exploring new locations. He believes that must-see attractions are part of any trip, but he finds it a lot more enjoyable to simply wander through a town on a long walk and really get a better sense of its quirks and character.
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Oscar Brumelis (Writer, Editor)
Throughout his life, Oscar has traveled all over the world – over 30 different countries. He especially likes trekking and visiting “off the beaten path” destinations. He believes that traveling shouldn’t be complicated or expensive.
Location: Grazalema, Spain
Liam Tormey (Writer)
Digital nomad and habitual over-packer. He drags luggage through budget airlines, bullet trains, and overnight busses to truly test the gear we review in the destinations you will travel.
Alyssa Chua (Writer)
Alyssa Chua is an event planner, avid traveler, and freelance writer. She loves reading, writing, and watching TV series. When she’s not busy traveling, she is most likely studying cultures and languages or daydreaming about future trips.
Alexios Georgakopoulos (Writer)
Alexios is an avid traveler and a freelance writer. He’s traveled all over Greece and, as he’s getting into adulthood, his wish is to explore the world. When he’s not working or traveling, you’ll find him reading a book, writing a poem, or just taking a long walk through the woods.
Xeandra Azarel Naicker (Writer)
Xeandra is a digital nomad and adrenaline junkie who places far more value on experiences than material possessions. She loves visiting the most beautiful places in the world – natural or man-made. Though she’s yet to find a dish that challenges authentic South African-Indian cuisine, she enjoys immersing herself in different cultures and indulging in delicious delicacies from across the globe.
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Allia Luzong (Writer)
Allia Luzong is a freelance writer who loves to over-plan her trips. Her favorite part of traveling is experiencing a culture through its food, history, art, and language so when she isn’t on the road, you’ll find her studying Spanish or watching Kunqu opera.
How We Make Money
- Ads. You can find advertisements on most of our blog posts/pages. Our ad broker is Mediavine, which means that they find advertising partners that advertise on our site on our behalf.
- Affiliate links. Some of our links are “affiliate links”, which means that if you decide to buy anything after clicking the link, we get a small commission. Note that this doesn’t affect the final product price. Instead, the retailer shares his profits with us from their own cut, because we sent them traffic that they wouldn’t get by themselves.
- Sponsored posts. Some of our posts may be sponsored, which means that a company has paid us to publish a specific post that promotes their company/products. Our sponsored posts always have a clearly visible disclosure at the top, right under the title.
- Sponsored products. Some manufacturers send us free products for us to review. This doesn’t affect our verdict in any way, because we always keep our reviews true and genuine, not affected by anyone.
In some of our posts, you may encounter links to other websites. On some of these links, we earn a small commission if you purchase something from the linked site.
We work with Amazon Associates and other companies for placing affiliate links.
Here’s the full Amazon Associates Disclosure:
www.cleverjourney.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.